First, thanks for the 3.0 version to test on Mavericks.
Good news: No crashes in Mavericks with the the current version of Locamatic.
Here is my set-up and maybe my issue/way I have to change things to work better.
I do have issues with Automatic choosing the right network setting when I move between home and work.
Mac Network Settings:
All of my Locations have Wi-Fi enabled - which displays a list of all wireless networks I have connected to - as you know .
- Automatic has a Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter and 4 VPN connections defined - I would use the Ethernet connection (for a specific IP address range at home). I would like to use the VPN profiles at home or anywhere (thus the reason they are in Automatic).
- For Home, I have the same Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter defined and just one VPN connection I was originally testing - and then I created the 4 in Automatic to have them available "everywhere.
- For work I have a USB Ethernet hardwired connection.
In Locamatic I have just defined Work to have the SSO for wireless at work, but there is no way that I can see to define the wired ethernet connection (or maybe to specify part of the IP address that is "work" - vs home.
So my issues is that when moving between locations, most/all of the time Locamatic just chooses "Automatic" for the Network profile. Works great going home from work, but usually when I get to work I am still manually changing the settings.
I guess my questions to you are:
- Can I define an IP range for Automatic to use for work/home?
- Should I move all of my VPN/Wired Ethernet settings from Automatic to Home in Apple's Network settings? Or create a separate VPN location - but ideally the VPN connections are used anywhere but my work location.
- Am I missing a way to have Locamatic support wired ethernet connections?
- What are plug-ins in Locamatic?
Thanks for the help,