MSG Files Do Not Open

Frequently Asked Questions, support and discussion for MailRaider. This is also the place for your feature requests.
atom_burrito

MSG Files Do Not Open

Postby atom_burrito » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:01 pm

Hello - I downloaded the Pro version of the app from the App Store and when I attempt to open a .msg file, the application launches, but the .msg file does not open or appear on screen. Sometimes one will open, but it is inconsistent. The same result when using the "Open With..." menu choice.

What gives? I am on 10.8.5.

Thanks.
pascalharris
Site Admin

Re: MSG Files Do Not Open

Postby pascalharris » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:19 pm

You'll be pleased to hear that an update to MailRaider Pro will be released very shortly which may, I hope, fix your problem. I've sent you an email about this, requesting further information which will allow me to definitely diagnose the problem.

Thank you for choosing MailRaider Pro. I look forward to hearing from you so that we can resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
Follow the 45RPM Software Blog http://www.45rpmsoftware.com/wordpress/?feed=rss2

Basim omnibus sunt nobis
pascalharris
Site Admin

Postby pascalharris » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:29 pm

This problem has been fixed in MailRaider Pro 2.0.7, due on the App Store any day now.
Follow the 45RPM Software Blog http://www.45rpmsoftware.com/wordpress/?feed=rss2

Basim omnibus sunt nobis
Pearly_King

Postby Pearly_King » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:41 pm

I purchased MailRider Pro (Version 2.0.14 (*86) )today from the App store to open a single outlook message that had been emailed to me.

I was able to view the message text in MSGViewer-1.7 which I was able to download for free but that method didn't seem very elegant so I purchased MailRider Pro.

Unfortunately although the app opens when I click on the message I get an onscreen message

The document"....."could not be opened.

NOT VERY IMPRESSED!
pascalharris
Site Admin

Postby pascalharris » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:47 pm

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you're not impressed with MailRaider. I've sent you an email requesting further information. I'd very much like to be able to impress you - but I need a little further information first.

Basim omnibus sunt nobis
ivonne.llanos

Postby ivonne.llanos » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi there,

We have been using MailReader for some time now, about 2 years and we were really happy with the application. However recently we have been having issues. Some of the MSG files do not open and shows the error mention it here "this file could not be open".

Before we were using the basic version and we upgraded to the Pro version to see if that issue get sorted, however the issue is still there.

Would you be able to help us with this, at the moment the users are using the version 3 of the app.

Thanks.
pascalharris
Site Admin

Postby pascalharris » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:31 pm

Hi Ivonne, thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with MailRaider - In order for me to resolve it I'll need to have a copy of an msg file which you can't open. I'll email you separately for this information.

Why do I need the file? Well, the msg format is very complicated - and no two are alike. In addition, some msg files are just stubs. I need to work out which category yours falls into. Rest assured that any information that you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence.

Basim omnibus sunt nobis